Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My Day

Here is everything you wanted and didn't want to know about the mundane things I'm doing today.

I have been busy today. I got up and ran with my mom for the last time before I become a mama myself. I will really miss my morning workouts with my mom. They have been something to treasure as I've spent more hours of quality time with her than most people can say they have with their own moms. She's a good marm. We will still work out, but there will be changes and with that comes some inconsistency from the 6 day a week schedule we've been operating on. The run was good this morning.

Next on the list, as usual, was coffee. Sweet, sweet coffee. It makes the world go round.

Then I was off running errands to pick up a few last-minute things I needed today. On my way home from running errands, I took the long way home. I drove slowly, listened to music, praised God for this little girl about to enter my life, and I cried. It was just what the doctor ordered.

Then I potted a few plants for my front porch. They make me happy. I'm sure I'll kill them soon. Cameron refers to me as the "tomato assassin" because I have killed many tomato plants. I don't just stick with tomatoes, I kill all plants equally. Good luck, little flowers. You have to be strong to live here (if you're a plant).

Then I baked these delightful little things. You guessed it, they're scones. I've been making these all summer. We needed some for something later today, so the bonus is that we get to eat them this morning. They are blueberry scones and almond-craisin scones... I bet you're hoping there will be some left when we bring baby girl home so you can have one. Well, there won't be any left. We are feeding 2 boys around here and me and we are good eaters. Plus, some of them are going somewhere else.

The rest of my day will be filled with finishing up a few things in baby girl's room, grocery shopping, and relaxing. The plan is that birth mom will be induced in the middle of the night. We are waiting to find out if they want us there at 2:00 am or if we'll have to go later. We want to be there at 2, so we'll just have to see. I'm going to try to take multiple naps today, even though I really don't like them. I know I need it and it's good for me today, so I'll do it. Hoping to be on the couch with this red blanket, flower pillow, and my book for the next several hours. I must go assume reading position on the couch now. It just so happens to be perfect napping position as well... go figure! Have a lovely day and please continue to pray for us as we get ready for tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Praying, praying, praying for you, baby, and birth mom tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying and thinking of you often today. I hope you can update us soon!

    ReplyDelete