Thursday, September 1, 2011

4 cm but no action

Our birth mom went to the doctor yesterday. She is dilated 4 cm and is 90% effaced. That sounds really exciting, right? Well, she's really not contracting and so there is no action. We will wait.

Tonight I have Back To School Night for my students. I would LOVE to get a call during the presentation and have to leave. That would be awesome. Don't worry, my partner teacher and my long-term sub will both be there, so I wouldn't be leaving the room full of parents.

We keep predicting when it will be and then we get sad when baby girl doesn't come by that point. Are you sick of reading about how terrible it is to wait? I promise to move onto a new topic soon.

Please continue to pray for us. This whole adoption process is not near the end quite yet. Baby girl needs to arrive, then final decisions of the birth parents get made after 72 hours, and then we'll breathe deep. We have a very long, trying road ahead of us that will happen in a relatively short period of time. Please pray for all parties involved that we would have God's peace and comfort, that we would think and speak kindly and with humility, and that we would be flexible to the changes that will inevitably come our way taking us off the plan we have set at this point.

thanks and love you all.

2 comments:

  1. Kim, I think moat moms can relate to your consistent topic of waiting and still waiting and growing impatient while waiting some more! I definitely remember the days of being 4cm and NO ACTION. Hang in there, I can't imagine it being much longer before baby girl is here and in your arms!

    ReplyDelete