Wednesday, September 14, 2011

be flexible

"Be flexible" is our agency's motto for the adoptive family, especially during the hospital time. That has proven to be necessary for us with the changes and extra days without bringing our little girl home. We just had to wait and deal with it. It wasn't fun. It wasn't easy. It was another way God has stretched us and given us stronger legs to stand on. We spent two nights without her and with broken hearts. Although we struggled through that time, it is nothing compared to the number of nights her birth mom will spend without her. That helps put it into perspective for me. When I feel bad for myself, I just think of Lucy's birth mom and the horrific pain she is going through emotionally. I cannot imagine being separated from this little bundle of joy for a minute, so the thought of a lifetime is overwhelming.

Be flexible. Papers did not get signed today. Lucy's birth mom is on too many pain medications due to physical complications to sign papers right now. Breathe deep and be flexible.

I don't think she is wavering in her decision to place Lucy with us. I don't think she is stalling. I don't think anything bad will happen for us in this. I am trusting that the peace I feel about everything is from God. I know that no matter what happens, God loves me and cares about the little pieces of my life. He will never leave me and Cam and He will never leave Lucy Jane. God is good.

I really don't think birth mom will change her mind at all, but it is the gigantic elephant in the room. It's that final piece of this part of the puzzle. It will give us the ability to rest easy and celebrate that she gets to be our daughter for good. Paper signing has been moved to Friday. Hold on to your britches, didn't I tell you this would be a bumpy ride?! We'll keep you updated.

By the way, Lucy Jane Wisdom is one week old today. She's growing up too fast already!

No comments:

Post a Comment