Sunday, July 3, 2011

there's no place like here

I saw this quote today: There's no place like here.

Where I am right now (pre-mommyhood) is a place I will never be again. I have tried to really cherish the moments of being a married couple, being free of most responsibilities, and just being myself. I have even tried to "enjoy" not having what I have desired to have for such a long time, a son or daughter. I'm not sure that enjoy quite fits what I'm trying to communicate so don't think I'm doing any dances about it over here.

Cam and I have reinstated the date night, which is just one way we have relished the fact that we are not yet parents. We have been going on dates again for the past several months. This got tossed to the wayside when we bought our house in January 2010 and then I went half time at work that fall. There were more dollars going out and fewer coming in. Well, we have taken it back and it's been amazing. We have tried restaurants we've always wanted to. We get dressed up. He even has gone and bought me flowers and then came to pick me up at the front door. It was really sweet. I often look over at my husband and tell him that I'm so happy it's just the two of us. I remind him that I'll long for these days when they are gone.

I have also really enjoyed my summer of being just me. I definitely don't have to go anywhere in particular most days. I have some money to do a little shopping since I'm not buying diapers and formula. I have spent several days lying on the couch reading books. (my favorite of the summer so far has been Divergent.) I have been working on lots of projects around our house, which I'll post pictures of soon.

It's been good to be right where I am. I am continually trying to remember that. At times I do give that over to they way that I think my life should be, rather than walking in God's will for my life. There's no place like here. One day it will change and I'll never return to right where I am.

ps. We had our matchletter go out to a couple birthmoms at the end of last week. If any of them choose us, we will hear. If they don't choose us, we won't hear anything. We are praying for some phone calls. Please join us in praying for these women as they make life decisions. As always, please pray for our baby.

1 comment:

  1. I love it....i Love seeing what the Lord has been doing in you and threw you over this past year....you are stronger then you think...and even stronger relying on the Lord...

    "there's no place like here" is such a great reminder...thanks
    love you

    ReplyDelete