Friday, July 15, 2011

crib sheets

I went to help my sister in law paint her living room a while back. As we were setting up to paint she got out old sheets to put down as drop cloths. I looked over and she was opening up this gorgeous Pottery Barn flat sheet that they used to have on their bed that I had always loved. I'm pretty sure I gasped and grabbed it from her hands. I then told her I would be taking that home.


I decided that I would make a crib sheet out of this queen size flat sheet. I used these directions and got to work. The one queen sheet made 2 crib sheets so I was even happier. Having lots of sheets will be nice when they need to be changed often, but we also have a toddler bed in our nursery for our little friend, Bailey, who comes over during the school year while her mom is at work. This way we can put the sheets on if we want it to match or we can mix it up with the white sheet with orange stripes that we have. Which is more likely for me to do: match the sheets or mix it up? Always go with random in my house- mix it up is much more likely and way more fun!


Here it is with some little friends in the crib. The owl was something I made as well (Thank for the idea, Pottery Barn Kids). The frog is one my Grandma Pat made many years ago. I know it looks a little loved and that's because it was. I think it's wonderful. The pig is an awesome JellyCat from Melissa to our little baby. More nursery project pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment