Sunday, July 1, 2012

hi. i'm still here

It's been a while. We've been busy. We've been trudging through life at times not knowing where to step next. We've been lounging around the house steering clear of the blow dryer that awaits us outside our front door. We've been baking cupcakes and eating them, which might explain the scale when I get on it. We've also been really sick around here with weird stuff. No, Satan, you can't rob us of our joy.

I stay at home now. I am full-time mama. I don't deserve it. I have an amazing husband and we serve an amazing God, so I get to be home with my girls. It doesn't really feel too different yet from working. I've always been in school or a teacher and therefore I've always had a summer off. It just feels like usual. I know in a few weeks when Em is getting ready for school and my teacher friends are dreading going back it will begin to really hit me.

The girls are growing so much. I think Em has grown at least 2 inches since she moved in 4 months ago. Lucy has a mouth full of teeth and can do so much now. Lu crawls, waves, fake laughs, gets into EVERYTHING. You get the idea.

I'll be back much sooner than the time before. I'm realizing that this blog, this little snapshot of our lives, is an outlet for me. I have to share our story. I'm not sure who wants to read it and know it, but it needs to be shared.


5 comments:

  1. Finally women! I've been waiting for updates on stuff! I love reading your blog and keeping up with what's going on in your life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading....and I love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading too! Love seeing these snapshots of the life God is creating for you guys.

    ReplyDelete