Sunday, July 22, 2012

summer travels

We have travelled to see my mom's side of the family twice this summer. Two of my cousins got married and that always draws the family together. My grandma has 17 grandkids so our family is quite large and messy and wonderful. My cousin Lauren got married in Texas in June and then my cousin Ryan got married in Louisiana in July. We packed up the family and flew to both weddings. We are so blessed that we could do that. Let me tell you.... 3 plane tickets do not come cheap these days! 

Sadly, I didn't get my camera out much in Texas. These pics are from our Louisiana trip. If you don't know this already, our girls fly like champs. They both sleep most of the trip every time. When they are up they are quiet and playful and contained. I will be sad to travel with Lucy when she's walking. She is still very content to be on my lap. Well, we'll cross that bridge when we get there and we won't leave the state. 


 This is my beautiful, newly-wed cousin from the June wedding. I have so many memories with this girl from growing up. She is still as goofy as she was back then. An awhatta, an abutta.... enough said. 
 Lucy didn't find our seats at the wedding acceptable. She went in for a closer look. 
 Would you say her smile is forced or what?! It's better than the grumpy look in the picture just before. I'm pretty sure she was mad at me about something silly.... oh the mother-daughter drama is already in full effect. Should I fear her teenage years? I already do, so I'm one step ahead on that. 
 This one is full of drama too... unless she is on my lap or in my arms. When she's with me she is drama free. No wonder I stick her in the Ergo always.... No wonder Cameron walks around the house muttering, "I need another man in this house." Ha! He'll get over it. 
 Our little Em can cut a rug on that dance floor. My cousins love to take her out there and dance with her. They are always very impressed with her moves. Lucky for us, this dancing wears this little girl right out and she sleeps hard after weddings. 
 We actually got to spend time in Louisiana before and after the wedding. It was amazing to spend time with my aunt and uncle and all the people coming and going that week. My Aunt Mary took us into New Orleans to see some sights. 

 Check out Lucy's hair twin to the left of Emily. 
 We went to Cafe Du Monde to drink coffee and eat beignets. Let's just say this... when my aunt thought we were finished and was packing up the leftovers, I kept wondering why she was trying to torture me. Clearly I was going to continue eating these until I was sick. They were delicious. 


I am so thankful for my family. Cameron and I have such amazing families. I'm so glad we could be with my cousins to celebrate their special days, but also that everyone got to meet our girls. Thank you to all of them for just swallowing them up and spoiling them rotten. 

3 comments: