Wednesday, April 18, 2012

thankful

Today I took Lucy to a doctor's appointment. I went alone, just me and my little 7 month sweetie. This doctor's appointment wasn't a routine check up. She's not sick right now either. It was an appointment to get results from some blood work we had to get for her. I took her to Phoenix Children's Hospital for the appointment. We had to go to the cancer and blood diseases center there. It was sitting in that waiting room I was completely overwhelmed and floored by the reality of how good I have it.

Lucy doesn't have a disease. She is just fine and doesn't even have something that changes anything about her daily life. We didn't even get new information today. It was just a confirmation of some things we already thought we knew from her routine pediatric appointments. Praise God for that!

I sat in a chair and watched kids come in for appointments wearing masks. Some wore hats to cover their bald heads from chemotherapy. All of them looked a little sad. It was in those moments of sitting there that I thanked God for my health, Cameron's health, and the girls' health.



A friend of ours always links a website to her facebook page for this little girl, Kate. I have read her story, looked through the pictures, wept for her and her family, and prayed for her healing. She is battling cancer and she is just a doll. I don't know Kate and had never met her before today. As Lucy and I were walking out with our great news of never having to go back there, I saw this beautiful little face I recognized. I stopped and asked if this was Kate and told them how Leah puts her link on FB all the time. Kate wasn't feeling well, as she has recently gotten treatments that take a toll on her, but her sweet face and eyes we unmistakable. I chatted with her mom for a minute and then Lucy and I went on our way.

I drove away sad. I battled with the fairness of my healthy child and their sick child. I want to not think about it, so I try to push it away and then I find myself on her website looking at pictures, praying, and thinking about her. So, pray for Kate. Pray for her family. God knows her heart, inside and out. God's hands are all over her life, even in the places I might not know or see. I trust in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment