Sunday, April 1, 2012

Thank you

Thank you for reading my blog. Sometimes I re-read it and realize all the ways I wish I could have communicated a thought differently. Sometimes my grammar and punctuation are wacky and wrong. Sometimes I ramble on and on about things.

I feel so thankful to share our story. I know that our families that live far away can read and see pictures more often than they normally would if I did not blog. I have received comments and emails from some people that I really don't know that have connected with our story in some way. We thank God for using this blog to bring our story to you.

Thanks for reading. Thanks for your comments. Thank you very much for loving our girls through this blog.

On a different note...
The past week has been challenging. I have been tested as a parent and pushed to my limits. I have shouted and been at a loss of what to do. I have been angry and frustrated. I have wanted to hide in my closet and cry. I have had some not-so-proud moments.

Did I just describe your week too? I hope I'm not alone on this. We are all adjusting very well. Our family has a peace right now that can only be from Christ himself. Emily is a wonderful little girl. She isn't bad or anything, but we are different than where she came from. The expectations in our house come from Cameron and me, which will obviously differ from where she came from since her birthfamily isn't us. There are days she is frustrated with us being on her about things. There are days we are frustrated for having to be on her so often.

It seems like TV privileges is where it hurts the most. We are not TV people, so it's easy for us to not have it on all day. We are trying to use that effectively so it doesn't wear off too quickly. There needs to be a parenting book with a list of behaviors and potential consequences. None of that explaining it business, just give me a quick reference list so I can peruse it when I have a quick second. Does this book already exist? It's different from going into parenting without being there from the beginning and it's tough at times (all the time) to navigate. The Lord will help us, I know.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your lives and your heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been working on this parenting thing for 6 years now, and I'm still looking for the manual! Carter is a pretty challenging kiddo and we are always working on finding meaningful consequences ... It's a hard thing! Keep at it and it'll get easier as she adjusts to the consistency.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kim, I want that reference list too! Sounds like you are adjusting quite well to parenting... You know you're a parent when you want to hide in the closet and cry... I usually imagine this happening with a glass of sangria. Your beautiful family of four is always in my prayers. Be confident in yourself (I think that can be hard for us moms at times), it sounds like you are doing your best every day... even if that best is a possible apology following a shout and plenty of frustration. On a side note, I'm sad to hear that Mamajama had to go... at least The Ho was kept in the family. Mamajama + The Ho = Best Friends Forever

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I hear you! I can tell you that the book we go back to, over and over, and that adoption therapists recommend left and right, is The Connected Child, by Karyn Purvis. You will love it! She is even a Christian author, although it is not a Christian book. :)

    ReplyDelete