Thursday, November 3, 2011

pumpkin yum

I bought this yesterday. Yum. I had it on toast this morning with my coffee. It was perfect. I love apple butter too... actually I love butter. I do not discriminate against any kinds of butter. It's just delicious.


I haven't really done too much with pumpkin this season. I have been able to enjoy  Marm's pumpkin fudge and my brother's pumpkin snickerdoodles. I am an excellent taste-tester of all things pumpkin. Every year on Wednesday before Thanksgiving my sister-in-law, Shannon, and I have what we call Pie Day. We use it to prep for the Thanksgiving feast my mom cooks for a million people the next day and she and I make our famous pumpkin pie. It is famous, you know. People talk about it.

On my list of pumpkin recipes to try are:
Baked Pumpkin Steel Cut Oatmeal (recipe from the kitchn)

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins (recipe from a friend, Laura, who blogs at The Happiness of Rainy Days)

Pumpkin Bread (recipe from Simply Recipes)

I need to get roasting this guy so I have fresh pumpkin to use and I can bake the seeds and try to not finish them in one sitting.

If you have a pumpkin recipe I have to try, please share!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kim! Your cousin-in-law Sasha here :) i found this amazing recipe that I want to try! I bet you and Cam would love it!

    http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/ooey-gooey-caramel-pumpkin-blondies/

    ReplyDelete