Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween

Lucy's first Halloween was yesterday. We had some family over that live close. We ate dinner and got all the kids dressed and sent them out trick-or-treating. I stayed behind to pass out candy to the 8 trick-or-treaters. Where are all the kids and why didn't the want my candy? We sent a bunch home with our guests and I've been working diligently on the tootsie rolls (Thanks, Christina, for getting me hooked 5 years ago. Thanks a lot.) that were left behind. We'll have it gone in no time. 

This Halloween was perfect. We had our little girl. We were surrounded by family and food (two of my favorites). We just hung out. It was exactly what I wanted out of the night. 

Lucy dressed up as a kitten. She was adorable. We have a neighborhood cat that loves us and hangs out at our house always. We named her Snickers because of her coloring. Lucy was technically supposed to be Snickers for Halloween, but I got lazy. She was all white instead. I saw some hats at Gap this summer that had kitty faces and thought, "I could do that." So, I did. They were obviously a little different, but that's where my inspiration came from. I made her little "mask" and then she was dressed in a white onesie and white tights. Pretty simple, but she looked great. 


 I must admit, I'm loving all these smiles she's giving us lately. They melt my heart. I was thankful she gave us a few before all falling asleep in Cam's arms while they trick-or-treated. Did you just judge him for trick-or-treating with her and wonder if he had a bag and got candy? There are people who do that, you know. You'll have to ask him if he did or not.



No comments:

Post a Comment