Friday, November 25, 2011

lucy laughs

Tonight we were spending time with Cam's family. Our niece, Teagan, wanted to help give Lucy a bath and take one herself. So we stuck Teags (2 years old) in the bath next to Lucy's baby bath tub and got the suds going. We were just scrubbing along as usual and Lucy was watching Teagan pretty closely. Teags poured a cup of water on her own head and Lucy laughed out loud at her. It was amazing. It was the most beautiful giggle I've ever heard. Cam was in the bathroom too, so we both got to be there for it. Thank you, niece, for being so entertaining to evoke this giggle she's been holding inside.

My heart melted. My little girl laughs.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim,
    My name is Becky. I'm a college friend of Pamela Ellgen. When I recently told her about the beginning of our adoption journey, she immediately mentioned you and recommended your blog. I've spent little moments the last few days reading the posts about your adoption journey and I've been blessed, challenged, and encouraged. I'd love the chance to ask you some questions I've had, if you're willing to share with me about your journey. If so, would you mind emailing me at beckysuepaul@yahoo.com? I've posted a little about our journey, thus far, on our blog at www.diversityofjoy.blogspot.com
    Thanks for sharing your story!!!
    God bless your beautiful family,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete