Tuesday, November 22, 2011

can you tell?

Can you tell I went back to work? I've been quite absent from the blog world lately. I got really sappy and sentimental the last few weeks of my maternity leave and did nothing but hold sweet Lucy Jane. I soaked up as much of her as I possibly could. I wouldn't trade one moment of that time I had off work. How could I when this face is what I would see all day long??!!
For those of you that didn't know, I am very funny. Ask Lucy. 
This growing girl is so happy and smiley. She thinks we are funny (because we are) and she is changing so much each week. It's crazy! Soon she will be laughing. She gets really close to laughing and opens her whole mouth and begins to sound like she is cracking up. I will just fall over when she actually laughs. It won't get any cuter. This killer smile will more than do for now. Isn't she just precious!?

Going back to work has been overwhelming. I was immediately showered with love from my co-workers and my students. I can tell that I was very missed and that's always nice. The girl that has been subbing for me (and is still there in the afternoons since Christina is gone on her maternity leave) had the kids write letters to me. They were so sweet and cracked me up. It was a wonderful reminder right when I walked in the door to work that I love my job. That is a good feeling. My students are worth it and they deserve the best I can give them. It's been rough getting into the swing of things, but it's been good.

Poor Cam... I cried a lot leading up to going back to work. I cried a lot the day I went back to work. Occasionally I still cry. I get very overwhelmed with the thought of it and randomly cry. I'm a mess!

We've been busy around here. Lucy went to her first parade on Veteran's Day. She mostly did this.

But later got up to cheer them on. 


We've gone to weddings galore in November. Lucy apparently does not find them to be all that interesting. We had fun at them though!


Cameron turned another year older. He is the big 3-0 now. Lucy got him a card with her handprints on it. I got him a monkey card. I think hers was the favored one. She wore this outfit for his birthday since red is his favorite color and every time I dress her in red he talks about how cute she looks. I'm convinced she can wear any color she wants. She looks amazing in everything.


This one tells me she may have a future in rapping. Doesn't she look like she's saying "yo yo yo..."

 Love this little girl of ours. We are so thankful for her and the joy she brings us. God is so good to His people.


2 comments:

  1. I love all the new pics! Lucy is so precious.

    I wondered when you were returning to work. I'm sorry it's been a bit challenging, and glad you're settling in okay. Your students are so blessed to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...i just love her...shes getting so big. and cutier by the second. And yes kimo, you are funny.

    Rebecca
    myaestheticstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete