Monday, August 29, 2011

a watched pot...

never boils. But what if you aren't actually looking at the pot and you are just thinking about it A LOT? Does it matter which one you're doing?

I went to work today. I guess I'll go tomorrow too. I just would really rather go to the hospital. (That's a sentence I wouldn't usually say.)

The boys, Cam and my brother, David, have been helping clean the house. My brother lives with us- fyi. It's amazing how much of a mess I make when I clean. Cleaning out things really gets a disaster going and I'm really bad at getting rid of things. David walked into the office and things were...everywhere. I looked up and said, "I'm cleaning!" He just shook his head and kept walking. He just doesn't understand my process. The result is a beautifully organized office closet filled with coats, craft supplies, and my teaching stuff that can't live in my classroom since I share one. It's a beauty.

Tomorrow's project is continuing to go through the wardrobes (yes, more than 1) that I've received from my darling friends and family. I get to shop through their girls' old clothes and have an incredible stock before baby girl even arrives. I've had the clothes for a while now, but it's a little overwhelming to go through the many, many bags and buckets of them. What a great problem to have. :)

Here's to hoping for some strong contractions tonight!!

2 comments:

  1. Kim! I'm so excited for you. I have newborn size pampers that my little man didn't fit into from birth. Want em? I also have an Aiden and Anias girl swaddle set that I won't be needing if you don't already have them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, so very excited. I look at your blog every day hoping to see a picture of you holding your precious new born baby girl! Is there anything that you need that you do not have? I can see if I have it or if a friend does, just let me know. Today would be a great day, it's not only Shannon's and your stepdad's bday it is also Elijah's third birthday! :)
    - Katie Isaac katiemisaac@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete