Saturday, August 27, 2011

waiting... does this ever end?

It's kind of crazy. I have spent a lot of time waiting in my life. I know that's not specific to me as lots of people wait for things. I just know that God has me specifically wait for things. This has been a theme in my life. It can be very challenging and I always hate it. I know, it's a process and I'm refined each time... blah blah blah. :)

Cameron and I have waiting to be parents for three years now. We have been actively working toward parenting for that time. This road has been long. I know there are many women who have waiting far beyond three years for their first baby. I salute them and understand the pain that comes from the unknown, the wait, the heartache. Let's be honest, we're not talking about those women- we're talking about me right now. Three years is a long time to wait for something you've wanted your whole life.

As we wait for our darling daughter to be born these days are creepy by slowly. We thought for sure baby girl would be here by now and each day is long and to be honest, hard. We are so excited but the excitement gets pushed to the side as we deal with uncertainties and fears. We are jumping for joy and in the same breath we are scared to our core that she won't get to come home with us. So, we wait for her arrival. Nothing official can happen until she is in this world for 72 hours. I guess we want her to come for several reasons... I can't wait to hold her and know her. We can't wait to see how this will move forward.

So... we wait. I wish I could say we wait patiently. I have to fight the urge to call our birth mom every day wondering if she's having contractions and how strong are they and when do you think it will be time and how are you feeling about the whole adoption thing and etc etc. Don't worry, I don't do that. I just think about it constantly.

We know that God is good and trust that He knows what is happening in our lives. We just rest in that fact the best we can.

Do you think she's coming today? Maybe tomorrow? Maybe Tuesday on my step-dad and sister-in-law's birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim :) Just wanted to let you know that I've been thinking about you and praying for you, your family, and especially that sweet little girl. I'm hopeful that your wait is nearly over, and that you will have such joy the moment you hold that precious little bundle of love.

    ReplyDelete