Sunday, August 28, 2011

no action this weekend

We have been eagerly anticipating baby girl's arrival. Since we thought she was coming early and birth mom was beginning to dilate two weeks ago (at 36 weeks) we have been counting the days and hours and obsessing over the phone ringing. We have worked to make arrangements to be gone from work. The girl that is subbing for my maternity leave has been "on call" for a while now. We have figured out what we would do if I were watching my friend's daughter, which I do three afternoons a week. We have every game plan figured out. We have bags by the front door. Everyone knows the exit plan since the doctor told her that her delivery would be quick.

Well... it looks like I'm going to work tomorrow to begin another week. I have already prepared two weeks of sub plans that I have taught because I was there. I am getting ready to use another one. (grrr... on wasted time and energy) Don't get me wrong, I love my job and I'm so thankful to do something that I truly enjoy. I did not, however, want to be there so I could be holding my daughter instead.

I chatted with birth mom yesterday and she said she's had very few contractions, nothing regular (boo!). I told her I wouldn't mind if she wanted to drink some castor oil to get things moving. She knew I was joking, don't worry! I was kind of joking. :)

This week is filling up fast with plans. It's funny to make plans with people right now, because each plan comes with a "we'll do that if baby girl hasn't arrived yet. If she has then we'll have to come and see you anyways." It's fun, but it's starting to feel like she'll never arrive. I told the birth mom this week that baby girl is teaching me patience already! She said for her too. Birth mom is really uncomfortable.

I'm having dinner with some girls that have adopted and it's crazy how I met each of them completely separately and they turned out to be sisters. On Tuesday, Ally (my best adoption friend) and Adalyn are coming to sort through a bunch of clothes my generous friends and sisters have given me for baby girl. We get to see my step-dad for his birthday and eat dinner with him. I have Back to School Night at work on Thursday. I'm telling you... it's going to be a busy one! I'd love for all these things to happen, but I won't be sad one bit if my slate gets wiped clean due to a baby call. We'll see. Please keep praying; we need it now more than ever.


1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to come see you Tuesday and start sorting through all those clothes! Although, like you said I wouldn't be disappointed if our plans get cancelled because baby girl decides to come meet us!

    ReplyDelete