Monday, August 22, 2011

catching up

Well, we have been busy lately. That's no surprise. It's just about the only thing I've shared on here in a long time. It's true, we are busy. It's getting past the point of completely overwhelming and moving into the really exciting kind of busy. I am getting ready for my daughter to come home. It's beautiful. I am so thankful to be busy doing this. There have been many months this last year that I would have given anything to be busy like this. There are years before this last one that I would have done the same. I'm thankful to be so busy.

So... our birth mom is 37 weeks tomorrow. She is still 2 cm dilated but the doctor said that as soon as her contractions become strong it will go quickly. Baby girl is in a great position to just come on out and bless the world. We have anxiously awaiting those contractions to get going. We are excited about her arrival.

I mentioned last week that we had a meeting with the birth parents and birth grandma. Did I mention that we also met their little girl and boy? Oh my goodness- they were adorable! We just watched those two little pumpkins and dreamed about our little girl.

Before our meeting last week I was really beginning to feel discouraged. Going for any period of time without contact allows for doubt to creep in. I definitely let doubt get to me and I was feeling really sad about everything. Adoption is a sensitive situation. At any time, our birth mom could decide that she wants to parent her child. It wouldn't be a crazy thing for her to decide to parent... it would be natural. We have to be prepared for that. Back to last week- we were feeling discouraged and anxious about our meeting. Then we got there and immediately the fears melted away. Praise God! Our meeting was amazing. It was a room full of people talking about how to love baby girl and support her through her life. We talked about how often she'll visit with her birth mom, dad, and grandma (& brothers and sisters).We discussed what WE are naming her. It was a team effort and we are thrilled to have been able to share that joy with them. She got names from us and them and we all agreed they are beautiful. The meeting was perfect.

There have been times that I wanted to call our birth mom to check in but didn't because I was nervous and didn't want her to feel like I was being overbearing or annoying. It was awesome because she told me that she loved hearing from me and wished I'd call more often. Again, my anxiety was eased. Praise God!

We met birth dad for the first time at this meeting. That will obviously be intimidating, but he was so kind and warm. We got the same reassurance from our first introduction that we got from our birth mom back at our match meeting. It was her smile that calmed my nerves back then. It continues to be her smile and his that calm these anxious days.

I know this seems random... go with it. My life is a little random these days. I can't wait to share news of her arrival on here. I anxiously await little girl. I find myself just dying to know when her birthday will be. Do you think this will be the week she'll come? I do.

1 comment:

  1. God is so good how He calms our fears and answers our prayers! He will give you everything you need for each day- even that day you celebrate your baby's amazing arrival!! Adoption is definitely a crazy ride of ups and downs, but a most blessed and beautiful journey- as you well know :)

    Praying this week is the big week! waiting is so hard!

    ~Annie G

    ReplyDelete