Sunday, June 26, 2011

Learning

God has been teaching us a lot lately. Sometimes I'm not sure exactly what He wants me to get and other times it's crystal clear. We have certainly had a roller coaster of emotions going on in our house lately and I'm looking forward to being off this ride and onto another. I know that what lies ahead of us will, by no means, be all sunshine and roses. It will be different though, and I yearn for different.

If I, or anyone else, has ever doubted whether or not an adopted child could be loved the same amount as a child that has been born into a family I am certain of the answer. Our child will be born into our family by God placing him or her with us. I know that if I love my children the best that I can by seeking Christ, then it makes no difference if my child has the same blood as I do. So, yes, the love has to be the same. If anything, do I dare say, the love I will experience for my adopted son or daughter may be more fierce. I said it. I can't exactly be too sure, but I'm going with my gut on that one.

The scenario that Cameron and I just experienced with August baby has been pretty amazing. It's been awful and heart-wrenching as well, but it's been wonderful. We got an amazing privilege to meet a family, fall in love with three children, and learn to pray for things we can't control. I know that we prayed countless prayers over that family for health, safety, stability, security, love, peace, direction, and the list goes on and on. We still pray for them and hope I never forget to continue interceding on that family's behalf. God has taught us a lot right now.

I am certain that God pressed it on my heart on Mother's Day this year to be expectant about our adoption. So even though the world seemed to crumble during that 3 weeks knowing that the end was coming, we have since stood up and taken steps forward. (We knew about it for the 3 weeks before sharing it, so we had lots of processing time with it.) I've be working on getting our nursery ready for our sweet baby so that I am actively "expectant." I just bought a bookshelf and painted it. I'm making the mobile for little pumpkin to stare at as well. I've been busy. I'll post some pictures so you can check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment