Monday, June 27, 2011

Helping

Many people who know us and love us have asked how they can help with reference to our adoption. There are a few ways you can help and we want to be sure to include you so that you can help in whatever way you'd like to. Trust me, we need all the help we can get! 

1. Pray. We believe that God answers prayers and we'd love it for you to be lifting us up in prayer. Some things to pray for would include: patience (I hate patience), peace, quick matching with a birth family, health for the baby, good decision making for all parties involved, financial blessing, baby in our arms STAT. 

2. Be interested. I know lots of people are interested in what we are doing because you love and support us or you think we're crazy for adopting or you don't know much about adoption and it's intriguing. Well, in the times of waiting, it is really nice for people to show an interest. I know that if I had a growing, pregnant belly people would very often ask about our baby. Since I don't have the visible reminder and people may not know how to ask about it, I think many people shy away from the subject. We love it when people talk with us about our adoption. Cameron and I have very distinct memories of specific conversations with people about our family. So, it really does matter to us when people want to know about it. 

3. Chapstick. Adoption isn't cheap. In fact, it drains our life savings to bring this baby home. We have to pay our biggest amount when the baby comes home with us, which is hopefully soon. We are asking people to support us in this aspect by buying chapstick from us. They are super cute chapsticks with a phrase reminding you that you helped us. We are selling them for $5 or whatever you'd like to give. 
Not only does buying one of these help us out with finances, it also is a daily reminder for you to think of us. It keeps us fresh in your minds. 

Even if you don't live in Arizona, I'd be happy to mail them to you. I know that costs money, which seems to defeat the purpose, but we feel like your involvement is more important. 

4. Spread the Word. Lastly, one way to help is to talk to people about us and let them know what we are doing. If you know someone who knows someone who has a cousin that needs to place her baby for adoption then you can connect us! So, keep your eyes peeled for pregnant ladies that don't look happy about it, and don't be shy. Just ask them if they plan on parenting the child. (Kidding! Although, I have had to fight the urge to do that many times.) 

Thanks for reading this. We are so thankful that we have such a strong support. Let me know if you have any questions. Feel free to leave a comment on here. I'd love to hear from you. Just click on the "comment" link below and it opens a box for you to share something. Have a lovely day! 

2 comments:

  1. Kim, I am so blessed by your journey. I would love to buy a chapsrick or few. Just tell me where to send the money. Mike and I have talked of still adopting at some point even though we are pregnant now. Mike has a heart to adopt a baby with down syndrome so I may need to pick your brain when and if that time comes. God bless you both

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! :) You, Cameron, and your little pumpkin are in my prayers as we speak!

    ReplyDelete