Tuesday, March 20, 2012

spring break

 We had a great spring break. It was not relaxing for me. I did not clean my house at all. I did not get one project done off my list. I really like to do that over break. I wanted to get things done for me.

Instead I was reminded how much my life is not my own. Christ, who lives in me, has given me two girls to pour into. He has entrusted them into my care (& Cameron's) and that often means I don't get to do the things I had planned.

Instead of my list, we played on the floor.
 We dug in the backyard. We actually found bricks under the surface. Emily was pretty sure the leprechaun had something to do with them being there.
  

We watched big sister dig.







We made messes that only got half way cleaned up. The curtain is still pretty shabby... oh well.

We went to the movie at the park and saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. 

 We rode bikes and hung out with the cousins.
(Biking and cousins not pictured)
Cameron continued to grow his mustache out for "Mustache March." oh joy.

 We went to the park to try out Emily's new lunchbox. We packed a picnic and then went to play on the playground.



 We did school work at home. Mommy played teacher.
We took Lucy for her 6 month check up. Emily was very concerned about her getting poked so much and was worried about her baby sister. 

 We cheesed it up in our new kitty dress. (thanks, Aunt Susan!) She tries to wear this dress every day. Every single day. I intentionally don't wash it but every couple days.
And Lucy Jane ate food for the first time. She loves it and she sleeps better. All around, a good decision. 

We had a busy spring break. We tried to have pretty "normal" days full of togetherness and not over-the-top things. We are just settling into our new life. It's awesome because it feels like we have gotten into a family rhythm these days. I'm thanking God for that constantly, because it was a little rough before we had it. Hope you had a wonderful week last week.

We go to court to finalize Lucy adoption next week!! I am so excited to have that done and have her officially be a Howell. Then we'll be waiting for Em's.... the fun never ends around here. Wonder when we'll add baby #3 to the mix... maybe we'll wait a while.

3 comments:

  1. your girls are precious! what a fun and eventful but down to earth spring break :) where do you go to see movies in the park? that sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you don't know me (I am friends with Katie Kredit) but I asked about your daughter and Katie told me all about your blog and what was going on. I want you to know that BOTH of your daughters are so beautiful and I am so happy for you! I had been praying for your family and for everything to go smoothly and I am just delighted tonight as I read this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a wonderful week! I love that picture of you and your girls. Precious. :)

    ReplyDelete