Friday, March 23, 2012

new to us truck

To appreciate the cuteness of this post you need to know we went to our agency to sign placement paperwork for Emily. It is papers to make our adoption as formal as it gets until we finalize in court in another 6 months or so. We had talked about what the papers mean and why they are so important (because it means we get to keep you and that everyone will know we are her new parents, etc). That was fresh in her mind when Cam went to buy a car.

Cameron just got a new-to-us old truck. He is really excited about it and I am too. He's wanted a truck since he got rid of his last one. Poor guy has been driving my old car for the past few years. By the way, the old Civic he was driving was my car my fam bought me when I turned 16. I had that car almost 12 years. I was really sad to see it go. So long, Mamajama, you will be missed. (I'm hoping Katie is reading this)

Throughout looking at cars and buying this one in particular, Emily would ask questions about where he was going and what he was doing. One day I heard him explaining it to her that he had to go sign a bunch of papers so he could keep the car, just like we went to sign all those papers to keep you. His explanation had more to it, but you get the point.

Fast forward about a week to this week. I picked up Em from school and she asked where Cameron was. I told her that he was taking care of paperwork for the new truck.

She replied with, "Oh, so he can adopt the truck." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment