Saturday, February 25, 2012

big announcement

Lucy is going to be a....


You read it right. Our little girl is going to be a little sister.

Cameron and I have been working on our next addition to our family. We are adopting the sweetest, most beautiful, energetic, talented, smart, wonderful little girl. She is 6 years old and her name is Emily. She comes from the same birth family as Lucy, so we have an amazing connection with everyone already.

This has been in the works since November. We started seeing her for little day visits in December and we've seen every 1-2 weeks since then. We had our first overnight last weekend and are having another one right now. (I have both my little girls asleep in my house right now- yay!) We originally thought we'd be officially moving her into our house in June. Things have changed and she's moving in this week! I know, it sounds crazy. Maybe it is.

I can't begin to explain the many, many ways the Lord has gone before us in this adoption. He has laid the path. We have been presented with many options to run from this or embrace it. We asked the Lord what His will for our family was and when He spoke, we moved.

I am, to say the least, overwhelmed.
My life is changing again. Our little family of two is doubling in a six month time span. I will be enrolling my daughter in school soon. I have bath toys all over the bathroom right now from a 40 minute bath (lucy's baths are 5 minutes). I am still working, which we thought would be different getting her in the summer. I have a daughter with opinions about her room (Lucy thinks anything I hang up is just fabulous). I have to know how to answer her many questions about life. I have to be prepared for many unknowns. We are obviously new to parenting.

God is good. He has created me for this. He will equip me.

I am so excited. Praise God for Emily!

7 comments:

  1. I am praying for you all as Emily settles in. What an exciting journey you have ahead of you! I can't wait until you can post a picture. :) And I can't wait to meet *both* your girls sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it....and SO happy for you guys....can"t wait to meet sweet Miss Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. So delighted to hear how God is moving in your family. I know there will be many blessings ahead for all of you - and praying for those more difficult moments of transition! I too can't wait to see a pic of your TWO daughters together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Praise God!!
    Lord, Please be with Kim and Cameron in this adventure! Please fill their home with your presence and peace! Please work out every detail and bring their family together in love and unity! Please give Kim and Cameron everything they need!!
    AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  5. God is amazing, isn't He? Wow! I can't believe that your family is growing so quickly!! We are so happy for you, Cam and Lucy and know that you are going to be the perfect parents to your newest little girl. Next time we're in town, I'd love to get our kiddos together... since now both of our kids are the same age! Funny how that worked out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really amazing! You guys are awesome and I am so happy God is blessing you with these beautiful girls and that He is blessing them with amazing parents. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete